Assists Facilities Manager transporting and organizing supplies and equipment for ministry events and programs. Works with facility and ministry staff to perform a variety of tasks in the building and grounds. Performs weekly and monthly audits on vehicles and support equipment. Responds to technology requests that include audio visual, computer & sound system. Sets up for ministry and tenant activities.
1)Assists with building maintenance and grounds work
• Completes carpet cleaning throughout facility, as scheduled.
• Completes annual HVAC preventative maintenance each spring & fall.
• Assists with larger building maintenance or repair projects, as needed.
• Assists with seasonal exterior grounds projects (removing snow from entrances, public sidewalks, parking lots, and driveways. Spreads salt as needed., lawn care.)
• Assists with exterior projects (painting, etc.), as scheduled.
• Assists in keeping interior facility & exterior grounds free of debris and identifies any safety hazards on the grounds.
2)Provides facility support for facility manager
• Helps with the setup of meeting rooms for use by tenants, rental groups and City on a Hill activities.
• Assists in movement, setup and tear down of furniture, equipment and materials before, during and after events.
• Responds to staff requests for resources- equipment and supplies.
• Helps load/unload food and supplies needed for ministry events & programs.
• Unloads and stores incoming donations.
-Completes other activities and tasks as assigned
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW AND REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma
• 2 years of comparable work experience
• Problem solving ability
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees in order to effectively
perform a wide variety of duties.
• Demonstrated skill to work independently without specific instructions.
• Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with supervisor and fellow employees.
• Evidence of spiritual maturity, including integrity, humility, and self-discipline.
• Lifts, carries and/or pushes/pulls various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while
utilizing proper technique.
• Must be able to stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, climb, and reach above
shoulders at various times throughout the workday.
• Must be able to:
- Lift up to 15 lbs. from floor to overhead.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to chest-level.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. at waist height a reasonable distance.
• Must be able to:
- Push/pull with 50 lbs of force.
• Require that incumbent have stamina for continuous walking/standing.
• Exposure to extremely hot, humid, and freezing cold temperatures along with rain, sleet and snow. Temperatures may range from -20 to 120 F.
• Atmosphere in work area may contain dust/dirt, odors and fumes.
• Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
• Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license with a clean record.